High Tech style furniture from China
The tech-style or commonly known as the High-tech style is an architectural design style that first saw its appearance in the Late Modernism Period. This period was roughly between the 1970s and the 1980s. The word High-Tech is an abbreviation for high-technology which was a very common word in the later parts of the 20th century. Architecture, interiors, and furniture that was designed during this period were made of functional elements that were combined together using a sense of pragmatism as well as influence from the pop culture along with some ideas of science fiction. With time, furniture pieces created based off of the high-tech culture was seen in living accommodations, as an ode to the combination of constructivism and high-technology.
Tech furniture in today's world
Just as how every architectural and art style gets tweaked over the years, so did the high-tech style. Today, tech-furniture stands as a symbol of modern, chic and sleek pieces that take into account the amount of space available at a workplace or home. Thus, there is a thoughtful approach while creating furniture with minimal detailing.
The tech-style of furniture depicts a modern house, one where motivated, focused and ambitious people reside. The house talks of a certain spark of energy, which focuses on the rhythm of city life. The house is said to be timeless, luxurious and elegant at the same time, all the making of the furniture in it.
Characteristic of tech-style furniture
There are features of the high-tech furniture that sets it aside from other styles available in the market today. Some stark characteristics include:
1) Smart home furniture: One of the major principles of the high-tech style of furniture is the use of smart furniture. This does not pertain only to the advanced technology incorporated but also depends on the functional arrangement. Both of these coupled together makes the furniture cohesive in a home atmosphere. Also, smart interiors such as heating and cooling systems, security etc. ensures that maximum comfort is experienced. Apart from this, a smart home is environmentally sustainable as well.
2) The functionality of furniture: While considering a tech-style house, it is important to keep in mind that the space of homes today is quite compact and relatively small. Thus, large, exorbitant furniture pieces are not a very practical approach. Hence, pieces chosen are checked for their functionality, practicality, usability as well as the lightness of construction. The furniture is kept limited and pieces are created in a way that they can be transformed for multiple purposes such as furniture on wheels.
3) Lighting set-up: Interior lighting is one of the most important concepts of high-tech style as it sets the tone for the entire interior set-up and also brings the furniture to life. Mostly, artificial lighting is used such as floor and ceiling lamps, LED light sources, string lights or built-in central chandeliers. Apart from that, to add a little something to the interiors, elegant-looking lamps with different geometrical shapes can also be incorporated. You can either buy commercially available lightings or even make your own DIY lighting with LEDs. Illuminating lamps made of milky-white glass or those with a bluish hue to it are also used.
4) Sophisticated fabrics: Fabrics for the furniture pieces as well as interior decoration is sophisticated yet functional. Though the fabrics are expensive, they are also practical and aesthetically pleasing. Examples of fabrics that are used include Capron, Nylon and synthetic fabrics that are smooth and shiny.
5) Lack of curtains: One of the different characteristics of the tech-style is that using curtains for the home is not preferred. The thought process that goes behind this is that there is no need to separate the outside world from what is happening in the inner space i.e. the house. Thus, curtains are usually replaced by Japanese curtains, horizontal or vertical blinds, and monochromatic plain loose fabrics.
What to keep in mind while picking out furniture pieces?
If you are looking to decorate your home with the high-tech style of furniture, here are the things that you need to keep in mind.
- Pick convenience and functionality over style.
- Major colours that you can incorporate into your furniture are neutrals such as black, white and grey. Do not pick colours that clash against each other. If you want to add a pop of colour, add one accent piece and keep the rest of the pieces fairly neutral.
- Materials such as plastic and metal must be preferred over other materials. Thus, furniture that has a silver-metal framework works best in the high-tech style.
- Keep the number of furniture pieces minimal. Add depth and dimension to the space using lighting.
Incorporating these small details into your home will ensure that your house looks like the best version of the high-tech style. Happy decorating!
Are you designing your new home, a restaurant or are you working on any other interior design projects for which your require high tech style furniture and don't know where to purchase the best quality furniture at competitive rates? If that is the case you should know that high tech style furniture can be bought in China at very competitive prices!
The city of Foshan (China) accommodates more than 5,000 furniture factories! Such a huge selection of furniture at low prices can’t be found in any other city in the world! Interested? To buy high tech style furniture just contact us and schedule your visit to Foshan for only 5-7 days. Please click here for more information.
We at Globus provide door-to-door services for all your furniture needs. We assist you before, during and after your purchase and make sure that you get exactly what you desire at the best possible rates and the highest possible quality. Just let us know what you are looking for and we get back to you with the most convenient solution.
Find our contact details here or send the message below!
comments powered by Disqus